Thursday, 27 March 2008

Pumpkin Seed Eaters Episode 4

So episode 4 is now available, download here. Usual shenanigans which, again, I'm not necessarily comfortable with or agree with, in particular their continuing smart-alecky take on our 2nd meeting, - our first meeting by the way was in a churchyard where they told me of their plans for the show - but there is the addition of a very important element, a lengthy editorial. It focuses mostly on the post-NSL era treatment of the ethnic clubs. I agree with much of it, disagree with other parts, worry about many of the generalisations and there's stuff that I would contest the accuracy of, but above all, it is mellow, measured and something which should definitely be heard. Now, will they make the transcript available? This way a proper round debate and analysis can be set up, and hopefully some good points will come out of it. I for one would appreciate the opportunity to give it the once over on here, without fear or prejudice to anyone's feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I like people commenting on the blog, it would be useful if different posters could at least leave some sort of nickname to make it easier to sort through all the different 'anonymous' posters. If your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet. Lastly, just because I approve a comment for publication does not mean that I endorse its content.