Sunday 13 July 2008

Back to avoiding relegation - Green Gully 1 South Melbourne 0

Had enough chances to won this game, indeed played far better than Gully in my honest opinion, but lacked that killer touch and the touch of luck that comes with being there instead of down here. Thinks back to 2006 when, in the semi final against Altona, Deano saved two one on ones, and we went up both times to score. That kind of luck. Caldwell and Wynne were the best for South. Highlight - apart from the Pies winning - was the gorgeous sunset, as captured below by Pavlaki, who also gave me a copy of an episode of Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' series from a couple of decades back.


2 comments:

  1. I love the way Sagan Drops H from the word Humans but doesnt sound at all like a Git..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also how he makes everyone feel incredibly small without coming across as a git.

    ReplyDelete

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.