Thursday 31 May 2012

Feeling the Love - Kiss of Death, Round 9, season 2012

Friday 8:30 PM Oakleigh Cannons (2nd) vs Dandenong Thunder (1st)
Top of the table clash. Oakleigh is coming off a 1-2 away win at the Knights, while Dandy had their bubble somewhat burst with a 1-1 at home draw to South Melbourne. Should be an interesting encounter, with both teams playing not bad football. I haven’t seen any of them this season but I might make an appearance on Friday night to see what all the fuss is about. Oakleigh Cannons 2 – Dandenong Thunder 2.

Friday 8:30 PM Richmond (8th) vs Hume City (6th)
This is the game that I will most likely be at. Yes, I’m a glutton for punishment with the cold weather and boring brand of football these two teams play. However, the kitchen is what drags me to this ground on cold wintery nights. Their fireplace, ice cold tap beer, boiled kranskys and of course who could forget, the Bavarian cheesecake. Richmond 0 – Hume City 0.

Saturday 3:00 PM Green Gully Cavaliers (4th) vs Melbourne Knights (10th)
Gully had a shock result last week against Hume, and the Knights have appointed Andrew Marth as head coach. This decision is laughable. Hardy har har har. Green Gully 3 – Melbourne Knights 1. Welcome to the VPL Andrew. May your stay be short lived.

Saturday 7:00 PM Southern Stars (9th) vs Moreland Zebras (11th)
The survivors versus the relegation battlers. More problems down at the Zebras from what I hear. They will be lucky if they have a playable squad by the end of the season. Southern Stars 2 – Moreland Zebras 0.

Sunday 3:00 PM Heidelberg United(12th) vs Bentleigh Greens(3rd)
A match of no real importance for the Bergers. Just another one they have to compete in until the season finishes. They are going down like Coles supermarket prices. Bentleigh will beat them very convincingly in front of a 50 or so crowd of onlookers. Heidelberg United 1 – Bentleigh Greens 4.

Sunday 5:00 PM South Melbourne (7th) vs Northcote City (5th)
An intra-club match for Northcote. LOL. South surprised many last week with their gutsy 1-1 performance at Dandenong. Northcote had a text book result 2-0 against Heidelberg. South is coming off a test, yet Northcote off a “gimme” game. Does this mean anything? No. Absolute diddly squat. Good to see South can grind out results. Good to see, they maybe took my advice from last weeks blog entry. Either way, a win against Northcote would be the minimum Gus would be looking for. A draw is ok, but a loss will be unacceptable. I have no clue what the injury situation is like, or if Fernando will be back in time. So please stop ringing me! South Melbourne 3 – Northcote City 0.

Send Us Your Feedback
I received some emails and feedback from Paul Mavroudis last week. The email I received was very interesting, thanks for that “R**” (you know who you are).

The feedback I received was from one of my fans, namely ex-Oakleigh gaffer Arthur Pappas. I always look out for feedback from people in charge of teams. This is what my column is all about. I want coaches and players to appreciate that the VPL is followed by people who are passionate, and have firm beliefs about how it should be run, played and coached. Arthur, I hope you enjoyed my column as much as I enjoyed writing it. I take my hat off to you for a well coached season, receiving the Coach of the Year award, and for your appointment at the Indian Under 23 team. I’d like to maybe email you back and forth, to gain an insight as to how your mind works in regards to football. Please email me at kodvic@gmail.com.

That also goes out to any other fans who would like to send me gossip, rumours and heaven forbid anything truthful. I now have an email address that anyone can send me any of the above at. I will attempt to post it on this blog (subject to editorial limitations), or help spread the rumour for you. If it is something that you do not want published, then I shall keep it confidential. I will also accept general emails in regards to football, or to anyone lonely, bored at work, or anyone who just wants some general VPL chit chat. I can be emailed directly at kodvic@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.