Sunday 13 May 2012

Could have fooled me

In our recent match report on our victory over Hume City, there were some curious Preston related chants which made no sense to me.

Well, an explanation has been provided - they all related to the tickets that had been printed by the home team - and the fact that they had listed a different venue (Preston's BT Connor Reserve) and date to what was actually played.

There had been speculation during the pre-season about where Hume would play their home matches, while their regular home ground was under redevelopment, and Preston was one of the mooted venues.

Had I paid for a ticket, I may have become aware of this much earlier - instead I used my FFV season pass, which I received for my work or mere presence on the FFV's historical committee.

Thanks to Con, Michal and Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.