Thursday, 10 March 2011

Kiss of Death, Round 4, 2011

Scotch Watch
After last week's gutsy 2-1 win by South over Bentleigh, the Scotch Watch wager is now carefully balanced.
  • Bentleigh Greens - 3rd place, 7 points, goal difference +3 
  • South Melbourne - 4th place, 7 points, goal difference +2
Bentleigh Greens vs Oakleigh Cannons
I’ve got a side bet involving Bentleigh Greens’ progress this year, but I can’t separate these two teams. Both have been what I believe ordinary. A 2-2 draw here.

Green Gully Cavaliers vs St Albans Saints
Picked Gully to lose last week, and I was spot on. St. Albans were a tad unlucky against Northcote. I expect Gully to win this one. A hard fought game with plenty of action. Green Gully 2 – St.Albans 1.

Northcote City vs Richmond
Northcote had a surprising win away at St. Albans last week. Richmond flopped. I don’t know what’s wrong with Richmond. Has the money dried up? Has Chatz lost his touch? Have the off field changes finally caught up with them? Northcote City 3 – Richmond 1.

Dandenong Thunder vs Hume City
Dandy had a great win away from home last week, while Hume beat the Bergers.
Another tight one, but Dandy will be a tad better beating Hume 3-2.

Springvale White Eagles vs Melbourne Knights
Springvale impressed me at Oakleigh last week, and the Knights always seem to impress me. Will be a tight one for sure. Springvale 1 – Melbourne Knights 2.

Heidelberg United vs South Melbourne
Bergers struggled at Hume last week. South had a big, 10 man win vs Bentleigh.
Kliment Taseski has received an Auto + 2 week suspension over the phantom tackle last week against Bentleigh. Only the ref saw something nasty in it. Will definitely be a tough game for both teams. South’s on a high at the moment. But can they take that to the Village? Traditionally a tough trip for South. Heidelberg 0 – South Melbourne 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I like people commenting on the blog, it would be useful if different posters could at least leave some sort of nickname to make it easier to sort through all the different 'anonymous' posters. If your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet. Lastly, just because I approve a comment for publication does not mean that I endorse its content.