Thursday 28 June 2012

Kiss of Death, Round 12, 2012

Blogger is giving me the irrits this week. Don't like my browser? That's fine, but can you please permanently remove your drop down box suggestion to move to Chrome?


Now on to this round's Kiss of Death.

Friday 8:30 PM Hume City (5th) v Melbourne Knights (9th)
Both teams lost 2-1 last week, with Hume being beaten by Moreland and the Knights by Southern Stars. Theoretically this will be a tough encounter. Realistically though, the Knights will overcome Hume with a resounding 1-3 victory out at Epping. As long as they hit the lead first, and hold it.

Friday 8:30 PM Oakleigh Cannons (2nd) v Heidelberg United (12th)
Greek derby. Seconnd Greek derby for both teams two weeks in a row. Oakleigh beat Bentleigh 2-1, while the Bergers lost at South 2-1 last weekend. Heidelberg impressed me under the watchful eye of George Katsakis. They played well, hassled all over the park, and didn’t park the bus. Oakleigh from all reports were lucky to beat Bentleigh. Oakleigh Cannons 0 – Heidelberg United 2. I will be at this one, so I expect virgins throwing rose petals at my feet throughout the 90 minutes.

Friday 8:30 PM Richmond (10th) v Northcote City (3rd)
The Eurozone derby. Northcote must do this for Greece. Let’s show the Krauts what we think of their Euro. I’m not expecting Angela Merkel at this one. Both teams are coming of 1-1 encounters last weekend. Mixed bag both these teams. Up and down, up and down. Not much else to write about this one. Richmond 0 – Northcote City 0.

Saturday 3:00 PM Green Gully Cavaliers (6th) v Bentleigh (4th)
Gully drew with Northcote last week. An upset result of sorts. I see the same thing happening this week. Bentleigh will go to Green Gully Reserve happy with a draw, and that is what they will get. Green Gully 2 – Bentleigh Greens 2.

Saturday 7:00 PM Southern Stars (7th) v Dandenong Thunder (1st)
A derby of no interest to me. Couldn’t care less what happens here.
Southern Stars 0 – Dandy Thunder 9

Sunday 3:00 PM Moreland Zebras (11th) v South Melbourne (8th)
There’s only one Moreland, and that’s Moreland City in the State 2 N/W. This Moreland is an imitation. A poor one at that. This is like the gazillionth name change of this team. South Melbourne however, has always been South Melbourne. Oh how you wish you were us. Especially after we beat the Bergers last week and are back on the warpath. I don’t care about Moreland this weekend. They are a speedhump on South's road to success this season. After last week's victory over the Bergers there’s a smell in the air. The smell of success. I think we have our mojo back. No. the first goal last weekend was NOT offside. I’ve seen the footage and Rixon was clearly on. Confidence is at an all time high. I’m so happy, I have no idea what else to write. Moreland Zebras 0 – South Melbourne 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.