Thursday 20 August 2009

Stuff that happened today that demonstrates that world is getting krappier and a little bit more insane

  • The video of Fernando scoring that cheeky goal has now surpassed 100,000 hits on youtube. Kinda insane, considering the viewership of the actual highlights of the games is at something like 400.
  • The FFV's Gold Medal Night will apparently be hosted by Santa Cilauro. Proofreading overboard.
  • Former defender Arthur Tsonis has won the South official tipping comp. His prize? A signed 2009 jersey. Ironic? Maybe. I say maybe because what is irony these days in this postmodern irony filled hell (Pope John Paul II 'separation from God) hole? That, and according to my brothers I'm apparently losing the ability to tell identify sarcasm and irony, akin to one of Sheldon's (The Big Bang Theory) issues with humanity in general. Which bring me to the next item.
  • There was this Asian guy on the train - I only specify his ethnicity because it may give a clue as to what's going on, though I'm not sure - and he was wearing a blue adidas jacket. On the back it had 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. On the front it had the Liverpool insignia and the word 'Reds' in yellow. I have no idea what's going on there. Some sort of post-modern commentary on football colour schemes and merchandise? Someone still pining for the days of Everton Athletic and Football Grounds? Or just a clueless fanboi who hasn't even been to a game, like, ever?
  • Someone has just now decided, four weeks into semester 2, that my placement for the stupid placement subject can't be the same thing as my special project.

1 comment:

  1. I instantly understand point four just by reading Asian guy.

    ReplyDelete

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.