Friday 20 June 2008

Capital bound - Round 18, Australian Institute of Sport vs South Melbourne

Last time they met:
Round 5, 2008 at Lakeside Stadium, aka where was my freakin free BBQ?

South Melbourne 0 Australian Institute of Sport 2

Uninspired stuff from both sides early on before the AIS stepped up a notch in the 2nd half. Fernando put a 1st half penalty wide which would given Hellas the lead and perhaps changed the game. As it was, the visitors' highly rated Jason Naidovski was best afield, scoring a double, including a cracker for the sealer.

Preview
Away trip hurrah! Well no actually. Ever get the feeling that the meticulous planning that goes into something like this will end up being unappreciated by some person or people? Who will go out of their way to fuck it up for everyone else? I don't know why, but that's the feeling I'm getting. Call it my cynical streak or woman's intuition, whatever it is, it's tempering the excitement that I'm feeling. Maybe I'm too bourgeois? But you know someone will probably over consume glorified urine. Partake of poisoned truckstop fruit. Blow off a useful limb or burn off an eyebrow or two. Lose their temper and be unable to find it. Make a costly mistake. It's all fun and games... ta polla gelia telionon sta klamata... have fun everyone... I'll try my best not to be that person, and I hope that you do too.

1 comment:

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.