Friday 2 March 2012

Stand up, all victims of oppression!

There have been some people visiting this site, seemingly in order to gather what this blog's and the general South fan's response has been to the Clive Palmer situation.

Well, things move so fast, and are so surreal, that any rational response is pointless. There are some - I repeat only some - South fans who not only believe this is the beginning of the end, but also that Clive Palmer is some kind of hero, who will usher in a new era where South will reign supreme again.

Let me make it clear, that I don't share that view. I'm of the view that Palmer is a deadset loon, who put no more foresight into his latest shenanigans than he did Gold Coast United's success. He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy so to speak, albeit one with a lot more money than your average idiot.

But having said that, it's not like I'm not enjoying the spectacle. This is the stuff that Australian socce was created for, the kind of comedy heights only our game can produce. I could re-publish so much material that's been sprouted on the forums lately, but for succumbing to the sheer farce of the situation, this video is my current favourite item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.