Sunday 17 May 2009

Something Really Important

It has come to my attention that someone is not happy with something I have written. That person is Ulysses Kokkinos, and the offending statements are contained within this post about the 2009 season launch. I would like to make it perfectly clear, that at no stage did I intend to cause offence to Ulysses, though I can well understand how the post would have done so - and for that I apologise. I would also like to clarify that I do not have any issues with Ulysses personally - to the best of my recollection I have never met Ulysses, or if I have, we have spoken only briefly and not at all to do with the relevant issues.

The issue that I was raising within the relevant parts of that article was as an observation of how club cultures work, specifically South's, and how some people who have committed acts which could earn them derision and ostracism from within club circles - whatever those actions may be - are treated differently from others in the same or similar boats. In my estimation, the examples of Ulysses Kokkinos and Con Boutsianis were the most relevant and well known amongst the broader South family in order to illustrate my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.