Wednesday 15 October 2008

I've already said too much

So I was down at ye olde club offices yesterday, for evil purposes of course, when I was asked for my opinion on a number of matters. I was also placed under a gag order of sorts, which sucks. So I won't go into specific details, but I suppose I can give you the gist of went down last night, in an effort to show you, our loyal readers, that people at the club are working hard in the off-season for next year. I was shown two possible designs for next year's strip. Both were good, but I went with one over the other for reasons I can't go into. Both were an improvement over this year's strip, and probably every jersey we've had for a very long time. But that's just opinion.

I was also asked to look at the club's marketing strategy. Was pretty good, not much I could add to it really. Again, I can't say what was in it, but I can tell you one thing that wasn't. South of the Border. Oh, you know, as with any marketing strategy, ideas are canvassed about what media to make use of... and we didn't get a look in. I guess they just expect me to make my own way or some shite like that, or maybe they know that we can't be controlled... which is not true because I'm respecting their request to non-disclosure... well sorta. There was one other thing I was asked my opinion on, but I can't go into that whatsoever. I wasn't asked, in the words of erstwhile Croatian World Game forumite Novi Kralj, to compare apples to truck tyres though, you can rest assured of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.