Monday 2 March 2009

2009 SMFC Membership experience - plus a mystery solved!

Rather than stretching it out over a few days as per last year, we're doing this all in one go. The actual obtaining of the membership was an absolute delight, especially when compared to previous years. One line in the social club for people who have already paid for theirs, and another at the usual tent for people who hadn't. Simple and effective, at least for those of us who love paying for memberships as soon as possible.

In the picture on the right, we have some of the goodies that come with a South Gold membership. The keyring has been described as 'officially without leave', and one has to agree. It is stunning. It works well with my 3RRR keyring, which doesn't come with a South membership. There's a sticker, of which I had already swiped one from the office during a trip there, and also have another two from the Jersey Presentation Night. One is on my car, and another on my 5 subject notebook. There's also a nice lanyard... for some reason the membership card (not pictured) was not equipped with a slot to attach the lanyard to, but you can get a hole clipped by your friendly security guard or boardmember waiting at the social club entrance on match days. I use my lanyard for attaching my usb key... card can go in my wallet.

But it's not like I need a membership card anymore anyway, now that I have an FFV Media Pass! Oh yeah, thanks to being the FFV Writer In Residence's official lackey, I now have the opportunity to not only visit opposition grounds for free, but also take advantage of media facilites, attend press conferences, and all sorts of other benefits hitherto unrevealed to me. And the solved mystery? Groundskeeper Argiri calls me 'president' because of my classy hat, which I'll have to make my signature now at South games. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.