Saturday 7 June 2008

Your request could not be processed. Please try again.

Okay, the following is not from me, it's from Neil Zimmerman who runs the Victory In Melbourne blog. Don't roll your eyes at me like that, he's got something important to say, so pay attention.


Looking for contributions

I’m currently in the process of putting together an online magazine covering all aspects of Australian football - its fans, players, stadia, teams, etc from every level of the game. It is be called “the 84th minute” in honour of the Socceroos’ first ever goal at a World Cup.

As part of putting together the 84th minute I am looking for contributors. I am looking for writers with perspectives missed in the mainstream football media.

Areas that are to be covered in the 84th minute include:

- Analysis
- Opinion
- Reviews
- Local Game
- Femme Futbol
- My Favourite Ground
- Fan Culture

To sign up as a regular contributer or to send any one-off pieces, email the84thminute@gmail.com. Please note that not all submissions will be accepted and all are subject to editing.



Ok, back to me again. I know you folks aren't the best contributors in the universe. My many appeals for you submit anything to South of the Border have gone almost completely unheeded - thanks again by the way to Jim for his FFV correspondance, George for his logo, and everyone who has left a comment in the, er, comments section - so maybe this whole entry was rather pointless. But it seems like a sincere enterprise, and when I find some time after my assignments and exams, my doomed Neos Kosmos English Weekly stint, Canberra trip and visits to the Melbourne International Animation Festival and Game On exhibition, I too plan to submit stuff. 

Also, don't forget, if you don't want to contribute to Neil's enterprise for whatever reason, there's always the good old Das Libero which is always looking for quality contributions. Don't be shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.