Saturday 11 September 2021

Time capsule ticket artefact Friday

Back in 2016 we won our tenth state league title. I wrote about the experience here, but one thing I had forgotten to add to that piece was a scan of my ticket for that day - which is fitting, because I shouldn't have even needed a ticket in the first place. But I had forgotten my FFV media pass at home, and thus was seemingly compelled to head early to the ground to purchase a ticket like a member of the hoi polloi. Fortunately, while some of us were drinking at the Limerick Arms, huge South fan Tony Samaras rocked up, and courtesy of his connection to St Albans Dinamo - who were playing in the NPL2 grand final curtain raiser - was able to hand out complimentary tickets to people who needed them. People like me, as it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.