I was going to go COMPLETELY OFF TAP whatever that means, taking aim at everyone vaguely responsible - the local Asian Cup organising committee, Australia Post, even that bloody wombat named after a spice which can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes and don't you dare tell me that it can't. Tripod said it could in a song about Adelaide being shit, and who are you to disagree?
Anyway, I even speculated that the following would have happened before I got my tickets delivered.
- South will have held an AGM.
- South will have apologised to the Hamiltons and permanently adopted the heritage jersey for away matches, putting it in the constitution and thus making it incontestable.
- South will been granted entry into the A-League, as South Melbourne playing in blue and/or white, and playing all games out of Melbourne and/or Darcy Street/North Hobart Oval/Launceston/Souvlaki Stadium.
- Les Murray's farewell tour will have ended.
- The social club will have been completeda dn ready for use, after officially being opened by Frank Lowy.
And so here we are.
About time these arrived. Paging @stevorch pic.twitter.com/Mrc5w3MHgeThe envelope was severely waterlogged, the fancy case had some damage on the sides, but thank goodness the tickets - which are moderately attractive - managed to arrive in excellent condition. So, Gains, you can relax now just a smidge. And Steve from Broady, you can keep waiting for your cricket world cup tickets to arrive.
— Paul Mavroudis (@PaulMavroudis) November 24, 2014