Thursday 30 June 2011

Light towers are go, sorta

I stole this photo off the one they call Bibi, who took this shot while driving around the lake. Why the tower is only half full I don't know, but I assume that it will soon be filled to the brim with the rest of the hopefully state of the art light bulbs that will be required in the making of Lakeside (or the State Athletics Centre as it will be provisionally known unless a major sponsor gets their mitts on naming rights) a first class venue for athletics and a ridiculously overqualified venue for VPL football.

They aren't much to look at, to be perfectly blunt, but I suppose that's the point. If patrons are spending more time looking at light towers than at the contest in front of them, it either means that the towers aren't functioning properly or that the game is dead boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.