Friday, 4 December 2009

Children - Children - Future - Future

It was a not particularly well attended event. Which was a pity, because while yes, on a weeknight it may be difficult for some people to attend, a lot of the forum grumble bums weren't in attendance. But meh. I didn't take any notes last night - for some reason I didn't feel that it was necessary - but here's the gist.

For those who've kept up with the redevelopment stuff, there was nothing particularly new. The financial repercussions will be discussed at the AGM - where only eligible members will be allowed entry, with names checked against the door. That should be fun.

The new FFV constitutional requirements were gone over very briefly - they will apparently have no great bearing in how we run our operations. New board member Tom Kalas gave a summary of his 90 minute version of his youth development/academy plan. Considering the very small attendance, it managed to receive a rousing reception.

I will say this though. I don't know if I should be taking any personal credit for it, because really, it's probably just a natural and long overdue cultural change, but the calibre of questions seems to be improving. I'm looking forward to the AGM next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I like people commenting on the blog, it would be useful if different posters could at least leave some sort of nickname to make it easier to sort through all the different 'anonymous' posters. If your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet. Lastly, just because I approve a comment for publication does not mean that I endorse its content.