Thursday 3 April 2008

Ross Alatsas, I reject your reality and substitute my own

Ok, so I'm watching the Victorian Football Show on Channel 31 for the first time since we beat Western Suburbs - I don't watch replays of any sporting team I follow if they lose or draw (which is not being fickle, but rather shows my dedication in that I can't stomach non-victories) - and was slightly miffed at host Ross Alatsas' little intro comment that 'wasn't it great that the doors were open to all supporters for this game'. Now maybe Ross lives in a little media pass bubble, maybe his glamorous managership job at Stars Receptions has clouded his judgment, or maybe he just wasn't there, didn't know, or no one told him, but if he likes we could go together to BT Connor Reserve (or as it also known, Lions 'Stadium' snigger), and I could show him the view about 40 of us had after we weren't let in, because Preston said they couldn't guarantee our safety. Then again, maybe we weren't let in because of our giant swastika banners (which looked oddly like our regular South Melbourne banners), our rocket flares (which when released appeared to the untrained eye as multi-coloured streamers), and off key singing of songs from the classic musical The King and I (which were so off-key, they came out sounding like our regular South chants). Or maybe we were let in, and since the game was so boring, we all had a simultaneous hallucination of being discriminated against because we were all far too good looking and would intimidate all those 1980s tracksuit wearing Preston fans. What do you think Ross?

2 comments:

  1. They also need to work out that there are four relegation spots this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree totally, I was shocked that he said that. There were photos of Hellas fans outside, there's a video on Youtube even.. Maybe two or three blue shirts in the crowd, but seriously?

    ReplyDelete

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.