For sale? Dumb cunts same dumb questions
Virgins? Listen, all virgins are liars honey
- Manic Street Preachers, YesTonight I was going to finish writing a post just to break up the quietude - a post that would have been of interest almost only to myself - but thankfully one can always depend on the club to deliver.
|From right to left: Board members Grabrielle Giuliano and Bill Papastregiadis,|
next to Luisa Chen, the currently mysterious 'investor'.
Photo by Tim Caraffa, as stolen by us from the Herald Sun wensite
This time it was Bill Papastergiadis who was the public face of the bid as opposed to president Leo Athanasakis or anyone else who's done this work in the past. Papastergiadis, fellow board member Gabrielle Giuliano, former federal sports minister Andrew Thomson and 'bid investor' - whatever that means - Luisa Chen are members of the 'advisory committee' apparently behind the bid. The bid claims it wants to do the following:
- Play in blue and white, but probably use the red vee heritage strip for away matches,
- Play all matches out of Lakeside except for derbies.
- Also apply for a W-League team, as well as maintain our NPL side.
- Be based out of Lakeside in terms of the headquarters.
- It has the licensc fee and financial backing required.
- It also claims that it can break even at Lakeside with just attendances of just 1500.
- second Brisbane (probably Strikers)
- second Adelaide
- second Perth
- third Sydney (Shire team)
- Tasmania (backed by former South and Victory cohorts Harry Stamoulis and Robert Belteky)