Thursday 15 October 2009

Quick Oman game notes

I'm going to keep this fairly short and sweet.

The game itself

Oman played quite well - and their style of play was quite attractive - but they really should have been a couple of goals down within 15 minutes. Their keeper was their best player.

Hellas Watch

I met up with Gains and got a text message from HellasJohnny; I waved to him from the bottom deck, and he waved to me from the top deck. Patty Kisnorbo didn't get a run, which was a shame.

The mighty crowd

I didn't think it'd be a great crowd, but even I was pleased/disappointed depending on my mood with the just over 20k figure. It says something, don't you think?

The stadium and its set up

This was my first time watching a soccer match at the Docklands (after I missed last year's Qatar game - see here why). They inexplicably - maybe plicably - left the roof open, which meant I got a little wet, but I didn't mind. I was behind the Coventry End goals, and the view wasn't the best, being so low and about 10 metres behind the goal, but it was ok for what it was. Makes you appreciate what we have at Lakeside, what we had at Middle Park, and what we will lose for the sake of our survival.

1 comment:

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.