Monday 17 January 2022

2022 memberships and season tickets available

And the response from some fans to this year's various offerings has been underwhelming at best.

Prices have gone up - that happens - but other little things seem to have been pared away. Every member or season ticket holder gets two "bring a friend" tickets, social club members get a $30 voucher that I assume is for use at the club's merchandise shop... and that's it.

Now I'm not one for angst about what comes in my membership package apart from voting rights and entry to matches. I don't need that many scarves or hats, and goodness knows there's enough of that stuff clogging up my wardrobe.

I can understand removing the heavily discounted 2021 "covid renewal" option, but the lack of a promise of free entry to FFA Cup matches is disappointing. More concerning to me is that the membership offering as presented here has the sense of an austerity budget.


2 comments:

  1. Even understanding we require this income to cover the costs of operating a football club, for amount of football we've received for the membership dollars input over 2020 and 2021, I expected we'd see some sort of discount for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly enticing or attractive

    ReplyDelete

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.