Thursday 11 February 2010

Another friendly

South Melbourne FC vs Brunswick City, Friday, February 12th, 7pm. Their ground is, Dunstan Reserve, 22c Peacock Street, West Brunswick. Easily amongst the best souvlaki I've had at a suburban ground. Apparently this game is to celebrate Brunswick City's 40th anniversary, as worthy as cause as any I suppose. by the way, Brunswick City should not be confused with 1960s Greek club Brunswick Athena, which seemingly fell off the face of the earth in 1972 (there has to be a good story there, but what it is I do not know). Brunswick City Leonidas were known as Thornbury from 1970-79, moving to Brunswick and taking the Leonidas name in 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few notes on comments.

We've had a lot of fun over the years with my freewheeling comments policy, but all good things must come to an end. Therefore I will no longer be approving comments that contain personal abuse of any sort.

Still, if your post doesn't get approved straight away, it's probably because I haven't seen it yet.

As usual, publication of a comment does not mean endorsement of its content.